Saturday, August 15, 2026

Sipra's diary : Poem> >. DEATH"

 HAMILTON PROJECT : March18/2024

 #Poetry Prompt:              

How much are you affected by death of near   and dear ones. 

  

Death! 

When did you have your first sting!

 

I remember when I went college-hostel, leaving

 

Home. I often woke up   with whimpering  

 

At midnight ,kicked by  nightmare : that  Dad  left me

 

For  ever. For a long time I couldn’t imagine 

 

To live without having  parent.

 

When I was in my thirty’s my father left 

 

In his own ancestor’s home

 

My cousin brother took me direct 

 

To the burning spot  where  he laid,

 

With calm and cool peaceful face 

 

 Released from all mundane liabilities! 

 

I touched for the last his icy-cold feet 

 

Without a single drop of  tear.

 

Since then I overcome fear of death.

 

I realized the fear of death is more 

 

Painful than encountering   actual Death!

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment